Sunday 22 April 2012

Blogger's block


So, it has happened. 3 months in, and after a fair few rambling attempts to capture some of my experiences online, blogger's block has hit me and I appear to have run out of steam. It has probably not helped to have had an enforced 2 week break after spilling an entire glass of mango juice over my netbook (resulting in a broken, sticky and ant infested keyboard). But whilst the keyboard has been replaced and my computer returned to me in full working order, my brain might as well be crawling with insects and floating in a vat of juice for all it's usefulness right now.

Perhaps it is the heat. April is the hottest month of the year in Colombo, and both the temperature and humidity have been gradually increasing over recent weeks as if some omnipotent sadistic clown has his hands on the thermostat and is gleefully twisting the dial as I melt!

Maybe it's the rain. Monsoon season has arrived and, as well as ramping up the heat, the clown has been watching and waiting until I'm out in the elements before pressing a button to release giant bucket loads of water over my head whilst clanging thunderous cymbals and sniggering to himself! Despite the welcome coolness that accompanies the rain, this daily deluge leaves the streets awash with oversized puddles strategically arranged to ensure a high chance of me either falling into the middle of one, getting drenched as a passing bus ploughs through one, or being run down by a trishaw/bus/motobike/cyclist/cow as I attempt to navigate my way around some.

Or it could simply be that 3 months in, life in Sri Lanka is becoming more familiar. At times, it feels as if both everything and nothing seem worthy of a blog post and I struggle to know what to include and what to leave out. And so, I thought I would put some suggestions to you all and ask for some help in deciding on my next blog topic. Here are a few potential titles:


A Thai photo blog
Charging elephants
Peace and quiet in Bangkok
Coming home to Sri Lanka
Sringlish
A trip to the cinema
Why I am a creature of great fascination (part 1) or alternative title “just like Lady Di”

Let me know what you think. I do greatly value your opinion. Although, I can't promise I wont completely ignore it. 

4 comments:

  1. I would like to hear about your adventures in Thailand and why you are just like lady Di! In fact do we have to choose? Can't we just hear about all of it?! Miss you! Love Tubster xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do Tubby Jo. Missing you too xxxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to everyone for your responses via facebook and email. Sorry blogger is so rubbish at posting comments. I know some of you have tried and failed to post comments here. Beth x

    ReplyDelete