Sunday 12 February 2012

You are definitely going to like this blog entry


This entry is so entitled in the hope of convincing you that it is just what you were looking for when you decided to follow the link to my blog today. A beautifully composed top quality entry with superb features, fascinating detail, a nice window aspect, a small but functional balcony, 1 bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, ceiling fans, and only the occasional visiting cockroach. My apologies if you are disappointed to find instead a shoddily written and dull blog entry about the trials and tribulations of my current house hunting activities in Colombo. I will try not to bore you too much with the details, but let's just say it is providing me with a many interesting experiences along with the occasional moment or two of frustration and dejection. I have enjoyed an unexpected magical mystery tour to 2 properties earlier in the week after a passing conversation with a friendly Sri Lankan shop keeper. I have also been amused and a little irritated to find myself unable to get off the phone after calling about an annex advertised in the paper. I was just too late as the landlord had rented it out that morning. However, he was very keen to tell me, at least half a dozen times, just how very very lovely the annex was and how much I would've liked it after first berating me for not calling sooner! Of the few properties I have seen, each visit has been preceded with a confident pronouncement from the landlord/lady informing me “you are definitely going to like it”. Unfortunately, I have not yet found something suitable, the places I have seen being either too big for one person, too pricey or, on one occasion, with too big a gap at the bottom of the door between the balcony and bedroom for my liking (I can only imagine just what sort of creatures might find their way into my room at night!). And so, I continue to search, with the help of VSO, and hope that I might soon find myself somewhere to call home in this amazing city. Thanks for reading, I hope it wasn't too much of a disappointment. If so, do please come back. You are definitely definitely going to like the next blog entry! Failing that, there will be some elephant photos very soon.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog. The pictures are amazing. It really brings your blog alive. I trust you find the right accommodation soon. I think you have made the best use of your time thus far ;-. Can't wait till part 4. love Sue (& Keith) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get this twice - excuse me! I love reading your blog and the pictures bring your blog ALIVE! Trust you find a permanent home soon. Can't wait for part 4 of your blog. love Sue & Keith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear you are enjoying the blog. Doubly nice to hear it twice. Love to you both xx p.s. your comment wont appear immediately as it comes to my email for moderation first.

    ReplyDelete